Well, we've been in the house just under a week and it's finally HOME to us!!! We've been working our tails off cleaning it, unpacking, decorating, and cleaning again!!! I look forward to NOT moving for a while...
Some pictures...

The yard in front had a TON of weeds, most were bigger than Josh. It just took us a morning to get them cleared out, and realize we need new grass. It will be super cheap to just get some sod for the small patch in front, so we'll probably do that sometime in the next couple of weeks.





Please pay no attention to my
nekkid boy at the table... there was an incident involving a fall in the back yard with a chocolate ice cream cone. We figured it would be a waste to get him dressed again. So here he sits in his unders.


Backyard: If you can, imagine the cracks in the brick patio filled with WEEDS.
Killer weeds. seriously, we could barely walk out there- but Tyler cleaned them all out! Now we just need to figure out what to do with the yard itself.

"Dog Run." Or, "Evil Crawl." Whatever. Evil loves his new home, it's plenty big for him with lots of bugs for him to chase after. Josh always makes sure though, that we make time to feed him some super worms. Or, as he calls them "crazy strong wormies."

Here's a good picture of Evil. Ty took this one this afternoon. He's become a loved family member. In fact, Debi (a dear friend of mine) told me that when she raised box turtles she learned that if you rub their back feet when you hold them, they become familiar with your touch and they become more comfortable with you. Well, I put this to the test the other night. I got him out, sat down on the patio and just rubbed his feet for about an hour. Towards the end, he was putty in my hands! He was totally relaxed, with his legs just hanging- and he even let me rub his front feet!!! He didn't even snap at me!!! ...what a good boy... maybe he's not so evil, after all.

As for the upstairs, we're still working on the decorations. That will have to be another post.
We're looking forward to all of you coming to visit!!!
7 comments:
I love that Evil has his own area! That is the best use of a dog run that I have ever heard of! I hope that we can come and see your new place soon!!!
It looks so good!! I've lived in our house for over four years and I still have not done that much decorating. lol
Soooo, when can I come visit? ;)
Kelly, your house looks so good!
It looks so great Kelly! Like you've lived there for a year, not just a week. I'm thinking you deserve a big fat nap tomorrow.
What a cheerful post! Makes me feel more cheerful! Looks great--you've been working hard! Four years later I'm still trying to change things that bugged me when we moved in!!! How great that Evil can be an OUTSIDE pet! ;)
The house look beautiful - you guys must have been working on it non-stop! I did love the image of Evil with his legs dangling. That sounded so adorable. I love turtles though.
Congratulations! It is most beauteous.
Post a Comment