Fast forward to this morning- I heard it! but it was LOUD! and SAD! these sad meow's startled me so badly, I ran outside in my jammies and uggs to find the poor thing! It was 17 degrees outside!
It was hiding under a big bush we have in our front yard, I tried to grab it but it just screamed and ran away. I followed it to my neighbor's yard... and Yes- I'm sure my neighbors think I'm NUTS for digging around in someone else's bushes...
Finally I just figured, instead of scaring it off for good- I'd just set up something to lure it back...
doesn't this look appetizing??
Yes, that's an old rug, a raw egg, and Reagan's baby food I had in the pantry. Split pea and carrot soup with chicken. Mmmm...
Well, it didn't work. I checked back a couple hours later and the egg and baby food was frozen and no kitty to be seen. I left the rug out there, just incase... but figured the food idea was a no-go.Finally, about an hour after that, I heard it again! That sad kitty howl! I ran outside again and saw it was in the same spot, under the bush. I talked to the kitty for a while, and told it I wasn't going to hurt it, but needed to pick it up so I could bring it inside. I reached down, and picked it up!! He didn't even bite or scratch me! He was still howling quite a bit though...
As soon as I came inside, Josh starts dancing around saying, "Oh KITTY! I just KNEW you belonged with us!!! YAY YAY YAY!" ...oh my. crap.
I got a plastic bin, and a baby blanket and put a little dish of water inside. (he still hasn't touched it.)
I cut up some steak I had in the fridge and warmed it. He ate SO fast! And MEOWED the whole time he ate!!! Poor kitty!After he ate, my sister Lisa had the fantastic idea of warming up a rice pack in the microwave and putting it under the blanket because he was still so cold. Here he is, full belly and warmth. He was purring!!!
He's sound asleep now... Tyler doesn't get off work until tomorrow morning... I'm not really sure what we're going to do!!


3 comments:
You are sweet to take care of him. Tell Josh that you don't have to keep him. But it is too cold for baby kitten outside and he needed help.
I love you for being so kind!
When you said Tyler heard a Kitty yesterday... I knew it was the writing on the wall... It's your kitty!
Joshy knows fate when he finds it! What a kid! Guess if my kids want a kitty they can come pet yours!
Post a Comment