Well, we made the journey back! It was a great trip- It was awesome to spend so much time with my Mom and Dad, and watch them interact with the boys. It went by super fast- and of course, we didn't take enough pictures. In fact, all the GOOD pictures were taken with my cell phone! Ugh. I'm terrible at that. I'm already contemplating another trip out there.. but I need to find someone to take care of my yard this time if I do it.. 7 weeks with no attention is a BAAAAD thing for a front and back yard. I'm not looking forward to cleaning it all up.
Instead of driving the whole 17 hours in one shot, we decided to stop in Wichita. Boy, that was a GOOD decision! The drive home went a lot better, I think.. even though I was sick the whole time. Yuck. Being sick on a huge road trip is the worst.
I did manage to snap some cute pictures with my phone though..
Josh and Mauser watching They Might Be Giants.

Mauser's favorite spot.. on the lap of the driver (in this picture, happens to be my Mom)
And yes, she really does snuggle her dolly like that.. She loves that thing. I think she has a thing for pink. She doesn't play with her red or blue dolly, just the pink one.. and as you can see, her nails match.

Edit to Add: Another funny picture of Mauser my mom sent me from her phone. This is in her sock monkey kitty bed on the dashboard.

Josh was sound asleep and Wyatt was a little fussy- so I turned the DVD player towards him.. He LOVED it! He cooed and stared at it forever! It's always amazes me, watching my babies grow and learn.. just soak things up. So cute.
Credit: They Might Be Giants: E Eats Everything

Mauser is the best kitty ever. She really loves the car- hopping from lap to lap getting undivided attention from each one of us.. She's an attention hog, for sure.

Ethan Michael Mientka!!!
Yes!! Becky had her baby!! As some of you know, Beck REFUSES to find out beforehand if the baby is a boy or girl when she's pregnant.. it seriously drives me crazy. She already has Reagan, an adorable little toe head girl, who is a year and half- and now she has Ethan! A beautiful baby boy, who I just can't seem to get enough of!
Here is Wyatt and Ethan together. I know, you can hardly see Ethan's face, but I had to post this picture because Wyatt's face was cracking me up! He just lit up when we went in there to see him! He was ALL grins!! I loved it.

And here's my sister Becky with her sweet family. Danny, Reagan and Ethan.
Congrats, guys!
2 comments:
What a great post! It made me tired just thinking about all we can shove into one weekend! Love ya! & MISS YOU GUYS!
Your cat just cracks me up! and I can't believe how big Wyatt is getting. He's adorable, as is his big handsome brother.
Post a Comment