Friday, September 5, 2008

Thankful

As some of you know, Tyler had yet another close call this week in Iraq. It's been difficult for me to think of anything else the last few days. Everything I do gets interrupted with flashes of Tyler's face in my mind. Sometimes I swear I actually hear his voice.

...5 more months...

After getting the news from Tyler, my friend Debi and I went to the Temple in Denver and put Tyler's name on the prayer list along with the names of the other men who were injured in the incident. There's something about feeling completely helpless and scared, then actually going down to the Temple and doing the only thing you can about the situation. Pray.

I am so thankful for the power of prayer. I am so thankful that my husband has been so protected the last 10 months. I'm thankful for such incredible friends and a great family that I married into, in addition to my own, that has taken such good care of me and Josh while Tyler has been away. Thank you. It's incredibly humbling.

I'm not typically a mushy person... I really don't open up to people very often... but it feels good to purge some thoughts onto the keyboard and indirectly thank all of you at the same time. Heaven knows I don't do it often enough.

...5 more months...

12 comments:

Rebecca said...

That picture seriously breaks my heart every time.

Ty - I'm so glad you've been kept safe...

sheri said...

I'm thankful for EVERYTHING you, Ty and all the other military families do for MY family.

Anonymous said...

5 more months!! They can't pass soon enough. We are counting every week, day and hour without. We are praying for his safety and also for you to have the comforting love of the savior during this time that your sweet family is apart. May the time speedily pass so that your family can be together again!! We love you guys.

Courtney Handley said...

What happened? i haven't heard anything?? I hope Tyler's ok!

We give you our love from the Adams Family down under. We pray that Tyler will stay safe until he returns home! Kelly, your right.. there is no other place you could go other than the temple!
Love Courtney and Mum
p.s when you speak to Tyler next, give him our love!!

Jenni said...

It must be so hard to be away from your hubby. You are soo strong!

Jeanne said...

Wow Kelly I didn't know anything had happened... Only 5 more months and he'll be home with you and Josh. Prayer really is amazing. Every time I think about you & your family, I send up a little prayer for y'all. Hang in there!!!

Nonna said...

Oh, so glad he is O.K. I know the feelings you are having...the Temple was certainly the good choice and strength for you in the coming few months...the power of Prayer is awesome ! LOL and protection to Tyler and all his buddies.

Anonymous said...

Kelly I heard about what happened to some of the soldiers but I had no idea that your husband was involved as well! I agree. I am so grateful for the power of prayer and the peace it brings. Just a few more months...

Julie Geldmacher said...

I talked to my brother about his Vietnam experiences last night. He said that many times he was late or asked to go in another helicopter and once his dog got strangely sick and he survived when others didn't. Tyler is being protected.
Do your best Tyler, you have more to do. Perhaps, as a father.
We love you!

Jim and Marla said...

We are sending a big AMEN to everything said already! We love you!

Chavah Kinloch said...

I just stopped by to see how things were going for you. I'm sorry to hear Tyler was involved in an incident and all the worries you must have felt/be feeling. I hope he's doing ok and that these last 5 months go smoothly and quickly.

Carrie said...

I'm so glad Tyler is safe, and your prayers are being answered. I do not envy you, and I have more respect for you Kelly then you can imagine. 5 more months. And then he is home. Just five more. It's getting close!

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket