Monday, May 18, 2009

Tadpoles, Squirrel Babies and 6 years of marriage!

First, the MOST important! Tyler and I celebrated our SIXTH anniversary yesterday!!! He was able to get a 4 day pass (thursday and friday off work) so we could spend a nice long weekend together, to make up for last year when he missed our anniversary because he was in Iraq. It was so awesome! Thursday, Becky watched Josh all day (Thanks Beck!!) and Tyler and I drove up to Denver. We just walked around Cherry Creek, looked at some cool stores at the mall, went to the famous Cherry Cricket for lunch- YUMM! then went to see a hysterical movie and just enjoyed each other's company all day long. It was great to meet up with Becky, Danny and the kids at PF Chang's for dinner. Friday- we just spent a nice relaxing day at home- then Saturday and Sunday Josh and Tyler decided to be sickies all day long... But they're feeling better today- so hopefully it's over.
Some things I woke up to yesterday morning: Roses! 6 red roses for me upstairs in our room with a great card, and 6 red roses downstairs for me to enjoy too! Also, he cleaned my car!! It was BEGGING for it... and now it's all nice and clean inside and out! Thanks honey!!!

TADPOLES!!!!! We decided it would be fun to get one of those "grow a frog" kits for Josh. They sent over two pretty large tadpoles, it says it will take 12-16 weeks for them to mature into bull frogs!! FUN!!! Once they get big, we can take them over to a local pond and set them free! I think we'll take them up to Palmer Lake. We like it up there a lot. Some pictures:


SQUIRREL BABIES!!! A friend of ours called, she has adopted a lot of squirrels from this crazy lady who rescues them... Well, our friend has adopted so many- she asked if we wanted to adopt some. So we got 7!!! They are SO cute! We put some peanuts and bird food out for them with a little dish of water, a few of them have left for different front yards and backyards, but a few have stayed and made our front pine tree their home! Josh loves looking out the front door trying to find them, and we love the extra company!





6 comments:

Amy Adams said...

Happy Anniversary! It sounds like you had a nice time. I love the pictures of your fuzzies! I wish we had squirrles too. Good luck with the frogs.

Nonna said...

There's nothing like a long weekend to recharge and have fun !

I think that is so cool about the tadpoles and squirrels !

Mom Scott said...

I love the post! Joshy is getting so big, and I can't believe it's been 6 years already... wow how time flys...
Your Dad and I were talking, we can not even remember our lives with out Tyler or Josh! Love you!

Julie Adams said...

Is sounds like you had a great anniversary. Can you believe how fast time flies? Great pictures and those squirrels in the pet carrier are so cute. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I love all the babies! I hope that we can find some of the squirrels when we come out! It probably won't be until July?? I am so glad you guys had such a great anniversary! You guys so deserve it!

Julie Geldmacher said...

Happy Anniversary! Six years has gone fast.
Enjoy the sqirrels and tadpoles.

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket