An Ornate Box Turtle.
Tyler spotted him on the side of the road on our way back from Sterling 4th of July weekend.
We figured it was too dangerous to leave him there, so I asked Tyler if he wanted to just take him home and we'd clean him up and take him over to Palmer lake the next day. He agreed that was a good idea.
We figured it was too dangerous to leave him there, so I asked Tyler if he wanted to just take him home and we'd clean him up and take him over to Palmer lake the next day. He agreed that was a good idea.
The turtle looked pretty happy about it too... Notice his smile.
Of course, that was right before he tried to bite off Ty's finger. We took him home anyway.
This is when we told Alex we were actually going to take the turtle home with us. He kinda thinks we're nuts. But hey, he's the one who bought a plant at the Sterling Walmart to bring back with him.. I'm just sayin'...

It worked out well though.

Now, this is when he got his name. He kept trying to do flips in my hands to get away from me. He was being CRAZY! So- I named him Evil... as in Evil Knievel. Little did I know it would be so fitting.

Now that it's about a week later, Josh and Ty are both in love with him. Especially because he's an omnivore, and it's SO much fun to watch him eat super worms. It looks like Evil is now officially part of the Adams Family.
It worked out well though.
Now, this is when he got his name. He kept trying to do flips in my hands to get away from me. He was being CRAZY! So- I named him Evil... as in Evil Knievel. Little did I know it would be so fitting.
Now that it's about a week later, Josh and Ty are both in love with him. Especially because he's an omnivore, and it's SO much fun to watch him eat super worms. It looks like Evil is now officially part of the Adams Family.
I figure it'll work out ok, I've been asking Ty when I could get a dog- since we'll have a backyard starting Wednesday. Ty laughs every time I bring it up- so this is a close second, I guess. Evil will be an outside turtle. He'll be free to roam around the backyard, eating all the bugs he wants. I'm sure my garden will probably be a big part of his diet as well, I'll just have to get over that.
As his name implies, he's not the friendliest turtle I've ever met.. but Josh is VERY good with him- It actually surprised me. He's definitely his father's son.


13 comments:
You guys just have to much fun! It is always an adventure!! I love Evil and wish I could stumble acorss a pet like that to replace the poor rabbit and the naughty dogs who are responsible for the poor rabbit.
We had an eastern box turtle named Willie and he loved our back yard and garden. Once he escaped and got lost. Our dog Daisy found him a block away being attacked by a flock of seagulls...so loving the back yard ?... maybe not so much but we sure were glad Daisy found him...those gulls were tryin' to have him for lunch ! ( I'm tryin' to build a case for you to get a dog too ) LOL
I had a turtle like that for years when I was a little girl. We kept it in the backyard until one of my sisters friends hurt it's shell. Hope you enjoy Evil. It is much quieter than a dog.
You've never seen a June Bug! Good heavens girl. I will ship you some. ;)
LOL Heather!
they're pretty bugs. :)
Since he's an omnivore, you could always keep him in the kitchen in place of your broken dishwasher. Just an idea.
Kelly you're so cute! I just love ya. That's the coolest turtle I've ever seen.
Thanks Britly! :)
Mike, I hadn't thought of that- but Evil's kind of a messy eater.. I'm not sure how much "cleaning" he'd do. I'll keep it on the back burner though. lol
What kind of "weed" is that in the back seat that you are feeding Evil? Some Pineapple Express would sure make him act strange :) Just kidding. He is pretty cool looking.
Cool turtle. Just FYI, the spelling for his name, if you're naming him after the daredevil is "Evel." I guess he got the nickname while in jail, but chose the misspelling because he didn't want to be considered evil. Weird stuff I learn in Butte, MT where they still have Evel Knievel days every year (I think its this weekend actually). That said, its a narrow minded person who thinks you can only spell a word one way.
So fun, Kelly!!
Hey our blog's going private and I lost the subscriber list from last time but I remember you were on it. I have your email address already I just wanted to let you know I'm sending you an invite. Probably on Monday. =)
one other thing - cool shirt Ty. Myles loves the song 'Merican off that album. Ask him to sing it for you some time.
Post a Comment