Thursday, January 21, 2010

More owies for Josh.


So, I guess Josh was feeling bad that Paul had some cool new hardware in his head. He decided he needed some too. Josh got excited about this game he was playing and ran to mom to show her how good he was doing. While running, he tripped and hit the computer desk face first. Thankfully, he didn't break his nose, but holy cow-he cut the skin as far down as skin goes. I was at work, but Kelly said when they were driving to the hospital Josh was holding a towel on his face the whole way. He took it off for just a second to look at it and say, "Whoa, that's a lot of blood." I was able to meet them as they pulled up to the hospital.
So, after lots of waiting, we were finally ready for x rays. When we walked in the x ray room, Josh said, "Are they going to fix the hole in my nose now?" He was really being a trooper and was talking up a storm with all the people working on him. So sad, though.
I hate this look. He was being so good while I was holding him, but just didn't feel like photos were a good idea yet. Maybe if I wasn't in my uniform it wouldn't hit me so hard.
Thank goodness for modern technology! We were waiting forever and Josh was perfectly content with playing games on Kell's phone.
Here's waiting for x rays. At this point, he wasn't so concerned with his owie bleeding. He just wanted to play.
Cyclops has nothin' on this! Yep, he's a goofball.
Ta-dah! He's back to only two eyes again. I guess this is his tough guy face. Not too sure.

8 comments:

iamwright said...

The first picture and the second to last one just break my heart. I almost cried just looking at them. Poor little guy! Give him lots of loves!

Julie Adams said...

So Sad. Feel better Josh. Your uncle Chad will think your stitches are super cool.

Nana Scott said...

Holy Cow what a tough guy!! Josh, we are so glad you have such a good mommy and daddy to take care of you! The stitches are super cool! BUT DON'T DO ANY MORE!

Missy W. said...

eek! That is a serious owie!

CEA said...

Hey Josh -- Nice photos, you'll want to save those for when you are older. May want to slow down a bit running around the house though. Hope you get feeling better.

Janice and Jessica said...

Hey! I got an owie in the exact same place on Thursday except my showerhead fell across my nose.

Josh is such a champ!

Julie Geldmacher said...

Josh, sorry you got stitches on your nose. Slow down with the running, OK?
Tyler, I see why the first picture in your uniform was hard. It shows the compassion you have for those you treat that are hurt. They are always someone's son or daughter. I would love to have someone like you to be there when I was hurt. Love you!!!!

Nate said...

Holy crow I am so sorry. I guess Paul is a bad influence even from hundreds of miles away, I will try and keep him Dr. free so Josh does not feel the need to follow. I hope he is doing ok and so are mom and dad.
Amy

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket