Monday, July 28, 2008

I swear... if I have one more thing cut out of me, I'll scream!!!

UPDATE!!! I had my check up yesterday and it turns out that dumb thing was just a Reactive Lymph Node. The Doc said that I probably just had a bad ear infection when I was little (Heaven knows I had a lot of them...) and it just irritated that lymph node and it never quite went back to normal. Then, every time it got irritated again it would just get worse and worse and worse. So, long story short- I'm fine. again. still. but the doc is glad I got it taken out so that it won't be more of a pain later when it was even bigger.
So there, Becky! How's that for your Alien conspiracy??? :P

Thanks everyone for your concern and kind comments. :)
______________________________________________________________________________________

So- remember that lump I've had behind my ear since high school? Well- I went to the Dr today and he cut it out of my head. OUCH!
When he looked at it at first, he said that he was pretty sure it was just a sebaceous cyst and it would be super easy to just cut out of there and I'd be done after just a few minutes...
20 minutes into the procedure I hear, "Wow, this thing is really deep!" ...a while later, "Hmm... this is REALLY deep..."
40 minutes after he began, he says to his PA, "put this thing in a specimen jar... send it to pathology, that is not a sebaceous cyst."
NICE, eh?
It was pretty long, about 2 1/2 cm and as big around as my pinky.
The good news? I get to wear this fancy head piece all day and night... he said I could take it off tomorrow morning, but I need to wear it to sleep for the next couple nights. Lucky me.

Good thing I have Dr. Joshy to take care of me around the clock- I just don't know what I'd do without him.
I go back in next Tuesday to get the stitches removed- I'll be sure to update with the pathology results as soon as I get them. My sister, Becky, said that it is a tracking device the aliens implanted when I was abducted... and now they've just been trying to locate me again and that's why it's been giving me such problems... yeah, funny beck.

1 Million dollars goes to the person who can figure out why I always get the freaky medical problems.

19 comments:

Beth said...

I don't know what to tell you on why you have such weird medical problems. I just love your face in the top picture, you don't look pleased.
Hang in there!

Jim and Marla said...

Honey, I'm so sorry... but so very glad you got that thing off your head! Humm... Becky may have something there... Before long you'll not have anything wrong with ya and Tyler will come home to a wife that's all fixed and nothing wrong! (think positive!) I love you tons and hope you feel better soon! all my love always... You're Momma

Nonna said...

Is that million dollars in pennies or play money ? Uck ! Seriously, I hope and pray everything will be O.K.

sheri said...

Cuz you look so freaking HAWT in that headband, that's why! (you can make my check out to 'cash')
Sorry you had to go through that. Hopefully the tests will be good news.

Julie Geldmacher said...

Kelly, you look swollen and a bit sad. I sure miss you!!!!!
You are a good person who has a lot of trials to endure and you're doing well. I'm just glad that it is gone. It looked really bad a couple of weeks ago, now it can't again. Love you!

Lacey said...

Holy canolies, woman! Eventful day, eh? I'm so sorry, that does not look fun. But at least you have an excuse to go all 80's retro with the hair! Love it.

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Oh my gosh, I totally started giggling at your first picture!!! I'm sorry, that sounds like it would be no fun at all but your picture is really hilarious! :)

Mike A said...

Ooh, ooh, I know why you get freaky medical problems - Did your mom feed you fish sticks as a kid, too?

(Just kidding, mom, if you read this. I think.)

Jenni said...

Did it hurt? I need to get two moles removed on my back, but i've been too scared to go in.

Nana Scott XOXO said...

Oh, yes- Sheri- I look very "HAWT"!!! LOL LOL LOL
Mike, I actually never ate fish sticks as a kid! so your theory doesn't quite work there... I did, however, have fish sticks and tater tots at your mom's while I was there- I don't know what you guys are talking about, that stuff is tasty!!
For you two: Your check is in the mail. ;) good effort.
Lacey, I couldn't pass up the chance to have a side pony! I don't know about you, but I think I can totally pull it off! ;)
Jenni- yes! this HURTS! but to be honest, it's NOTHING like having moles removed... it's much worse. I actually just had a lintego symplex mole removed from my shoulder blade- it wasn't too bad. just annoying. Go get your moles taken care of, it's better to get them removed than have to worry about them later.
To everyone- this totally sucks. that head band was a nightmare to sleep with. I was glad to be able to take it off this morning. I had a massive headache last night so I'm staying on that darvocet the doc gave me. I'm also taking some motrin because I figure it will help with any inflammation.. and maybe keep my headaches from becoming migraines.
Thanks for all the nice comments!
Janessa, I only hate you a little bit for laughing at me... ;) LOL

Julie Adams said...

Sorry you have to have such a crazy thing happen. Hope you feel better soon. The headband is kind of a cute accessory.

Anonymous said...

Dude, you have a side pony tail...

CEA said...

I heard that condition is caused by excessive nose picking which pushes all the gunk up past your nasal cavities into the side of your head. You can send my million dollars anytime.

Nana Scott XOXO said...

HA! nice Chad, thanks for that! LOL
I'll stick your check in the mail along with Mike's and Sheri's.
I hope it doesn't get lost in the mail though, I've heard that they've had problems with that kind of stuff lately. ;)

Marla said...

Ouch Kelly!!! I'm so sorry that has to hurt! Will they call and give you the results?

Rebecca said...

I know why you get all the freaky medical problems!

FOR THE DRUGS!!! :)

Nana Scott XOXO said...

Marla, I have to go in next tuesday to get the stitches removed- they said they'll go over the pathology results with me then... I'm sure it's nothing, but I'll be sure to update all of you- so stay tuned! :)

Brittney said...

I hope you feel better soon. I loved when I had a side pony!

Nurse Heidi said...

Now that is some seriously sexy headgear. I think you should get braces and have that headgear on at the same time. Tyler would ditch his assignment to come fetch you.

As for musings about your freakiness, since I don't know you IRL I'd better abstain ;). I like the alien abduction theory. Works for me.

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket