Saturday, May 30, 2009

Oh what a day! Joshy's first REAL head injury...

Well- we had another fun adventure to the Fort Carson ER this morning... Josh was running to the bathroom from his bedroom and tripped.. Luckily for us, the corner of the wall was there to break his fall.
He was pretty upset for a minute or two- but figured if whatever happened was cool enough to get this kind of band aid, it couldn't be that bad.

Notice his expression...



The time we spent at the hospital was the worst. He was fine up until they started scrubbing it- then he decided he needed his mommy for the rest. He was such a tough kid through the whole thing! They said usually they have to do "conscious sedation" for kids like Josh- but since he was handling it so well, they'd just stick him with some lidocaine. (he didn't like that part very much..)
So here we are, home with a very tired boy and three staples in his little noggin'. I think it's a good day for some more McDonald's soft serve later on...

...our wall... Tyler's next fix-it project...

8 comments:

Nana said...

Nana feels so bad!!! Josh you were so brave! I'm really proud of you for being such a brave boy!!! I'm glad your Daddy and Mommy knew just what to do for you! Now, slow down and be more careful! I love you!!!

Julie Adams said...

That is so sad. I am sorry Josh. But, he does look super cute with that head band aid.

Julie Geldmacher said...

Tyler, He looks like you with the showing off of his hurt in pictures.
I feel bad for him. I am glad that you can take care of him when he gets hurt. Thanks for the love you have for him.
We love him, too!
Keep us posted.

Jeanne said...

Holy Moly...that kid must be tough!!!

And, wow...nice dent in the wall!

iamwright said...

How sad. I hope he gets feeling better soon.

tonya said...

holy crap that's a big dent! in both places! He's a tough customer--both my boys were crying all the way to the Dr/ER. They did chill when we got there, though. Now he's a REAL Adams boy, eh?

CEA said...

Nice smack into the wall - just a little prep for being a good hockey player I guess.

Nonna said...

Oh, the poor little buddy...we have had our share of stitches and Boo Boo heads too...Not fun !

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket