We blessed Wyatt last night at home. It is stake conference this weekend and I thought I would be in Iraq in a few days, so we arranged the blessing when Kell's dad was in town. Everything was kind of last minute, but fell into place pretty well. Our Bishop, our good friend Rhett Gardner and some friends from the ward also came to stand in the circle.
Wyatt-
Joshua- At his baby blessing
Ah the shoes. One of the first pair to be on my feet. Both boys now have worn them. I'd like to say that I would like to someday see my shoes filled by my sons, but that's not how I feel. I want them to experience some of the great things I have seen and done, but hope that they will be able to do so much more. One of the reasons I joined the Army was to have more of a knowledge of a decision that my kids would one day possibly make. The military has been pretty good to me, minus a few bumps here and there, and I hope my boys will listen when I tell them there are other things for them to do. The world has so many beautiful things in it for them to see. I hope my time in the ugly parts of this earth, means that much more time in the beautiful ones for Wyatt and Josh.


8 comments:
Thanks for sharing such a beautiful day for your family. So sweet !!!
Thank you for sharing. I want you to know that I pray for your family. Your Christmas card and the patch you sent to our family is on our board in the kitchen and my boys think you are a true American hero. Thank you for what you do, the sacrifice you make being away from your beautiful boys and wife and for their sacrifice also. It isn't unnoticed and we will pray for all of you until we hear that you are home safely again. We were in a concert last night where Ronnie Milsap sang America The Beautiful and honored all of the men and women who fight to keep others free and everyone stood and sang along and the feeling there was so powerful. There are others out there praying for all of you and think you are heroes! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings and for fighting to give others the right to be who they choose to be! May the Lord bless you and your sweet family!
That was beautiful, Ty. Love you guys!
Oh, I so cried through that! I'm so glad that Kel married you. You have such a wonderful family and those little boys have great parents to help them to learn and grow. Thank you for loving my sister the way you do. You are both so lucky to have each other. I love you guys.
Ty, the world needs more people like you.
You are a good guy Ty. Wish we could see you more often. Someday!
Very cute baby and they do look alike!
Oh, Tyler, it is so special to have you use the outfit and shoes that you wore for your little boys.
You holding Wyatt, looks so much like my Dad. I wonder if one of your boys will look like you. Maybe, even use the clothes.
Post a Comment