Monday, August 25, 2008

Some pictures from Ty.

These first pictures are from when Tyler and his Unit went into a neighboring Christian city. Tyler said the difference between this city and Mosul was incredible. Here, there is no police, no military, just a "beefed up neighborhood watch". Here's an email Ty sent telling me a little bit about it.

Kelly, no need to wonder what I'm doing. I'll send you the photos as soon as I get a chance and you can see the good stuff happens more than the bad. Most of the good is just so ordinary that it doesn't get mentioned. Really, though, yesterday was the best day of the deployment for me. To have an entire town swarm us thanking us and wanting to chat was incredible. The older women did this really high pitched howl/whistle thing and other people banged drums and were just having a party. It was great. The best part was how I told you that they take care of their own town. No cops or army, just beefed up neighborhood watch. I have no issues fighting to help those people. They know what freedom is and anyone who tries taking it from them is an enemy of mine. I wish I could better explain how it was to be with those people. I got watery eyes walking the street trying to comprehend the huge difference in the people there and the people in Mosul. I miss you,Ty












These next pictures are of Tyler in his Unit in Mosul.
Tyler's SWAT friend.







Tyler, Thanks for the pictures. I miss you and I think of you every minute. I can't believe that we're almost done with this thing! just about 5 months from now, you'll be home. I can't wait.
Love you, and praying for your safety,
Kelly and Josh.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly thanks so much for sharing the pictures and Ty's message how neat to see what he is doing and that he is okay! It was so cool to hear his take on the neighboring city. What a difference Christ has in all of the lives of the people who let him in!! Thanks again for share and we are counting down the days with you! Ty will be home in no time:)

Jim and Marla said...

Wow, awesome pictures Tyler! We love you and miss you! We are so thankful to be able to see the light in your eyes. You look strong, tired, but strong. We love your little family, and can't wait for you to be home with them. You're always in our prayers... be safe!

Julie Geldmacher said...

Tyler you look so happy and so does everyone else. It makes me glad to see you have a good day. Our hope is that all of Iraq might some day be able to feel safe and want freedom. You must be doing a good job over there. Keep it up!
Our prayers are always for your safety.
Love you!
Thanks Kelly for sharing these with us!

Jeanne said...

Wow Kelly and Tyler, those are some amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing! Oh, and there is one where Tyler looks SO MUCH like Josh!! WOWZA!

Andy Wegener said...

Great photos Ty! Keep 'em coming.

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Kelly- This is kind of a random question but does Tyler now speak their language fluently? That would be really cool. I'm sure it's a difficult language.

Nana Scott XOXO said...

Janessa, I'm not sure if he's completely fluent, but he did take an Arabic class before he left and he said that he uses the language on a daily basis and does pretty well. :)

Nate said...

Ty,

The pictures look great. I'm glad you got to see some people that appreciate all your hard work. I can only imagine how that feels. Keep up the great work.

Nate

Nonna said...

Loved the pics of Tyler, his buddies and the Christian town...Good work guys...we are all so proud of everything you are doing and also what you give up to do it ! We're praying for the time to fly and a safe and happy reunion with all those you love !

Lacey said...

Those are great. The one of him and the two other guys sitting on the couch made me laugh. The one in the middle looks like someone sticking their head into one of those cardboard cutout things. You know what I'm talking about?

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket