Saturday, August 16, 2008

Strep Throat!!

AUGH! My poor little guy!!! He still wasn't any better today, in fact- he got way worse over night. Tyler called this morning and after explaining what was going on with Josh, he told me to just run him down to the Dr (which is the ER on weekends) to get checked out. I'm so glad I did.
Here's a picture I took of him while we were sitting in the ER waiting room...
you can tell that he is SOOOO sick. poor guy...



Josh has Strep. They gave him some Tylenol with codeine while we were there, and they gave him a prescription for Zithromax and Motrin for the next few days.

Currently, he's zonked out on the couch. Which really is the best thing for him since he woke up at 4:30 this morning and had all that medicine in him today. I'm still trying to figure out how he stayed up as long as he did- he didn't fall asleep until 5pm, and that's with no kind of nap in between. I'm wondering if he'll just sleep all night. It wouldn't surprise me.

Now I just need to call my Dr on Monday and get in to see if I have strep too. Blah.



Ty, thanks for taking such good care of us even while you're so far away! We love you and we miss you and we wish you were here so you could be sick with us!! ;)

11 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh that breaks my heart! At least he's all snuggled up and cozy. Poor kid.

Anonymous said...

I love you guys and would be so happy to be sickly with you. Tell Josh I gave him hugs while he was asleep. I miss you.

sheri said...

Oh man, that's horrible! I ended up having strep about a month ago and I swear I was going to die, lol. I don't remember being that sick in a LONG time. Course, I was still required to take care of a 7yo boy and a mischievous 3yo girl. I hope he recovers much more quickly than I did. Hang in there, both of you!

Living My Dream said...

I am so glad you got your little man in and he's getting treated! I am scared out of my mind now with strep. If they would have treated Nate sooner for strep we wouldn't have had to go through the horror of almost losing him! Hope you are feeling better too. We'll say an extra prayer for you all tonight!

Kim

Julie Geldmacher said...

Glad you went to the Dr! He is so cute even when he is ill. Kiss him for us.
Take care of yourself!
Love you!

Julie Adams said...

Sorry, about the strep. Being sick is the worse. We all just finished with a couple weeks of sickness. It seemed like one thing after the other. Hope you do not have Kelli. Hope Josh feels better soon.

Marla said...

Oh the poor kid! The good thing with Strep is that usually when you start the meds you feel so much better fast! I know, I get it every year! LOL

Maggie said...

The poor little guy. I hope he starts feeling better soon.

Maggie (from the baby board)

Jim and Marla said...

I love that Daddy gave him hugs while he was sleeping! that's the best! Feel better!!! love you!

Nonna said...

Bummer...Strep is no picnic, hope all the sleep, meds and TLC you're giving him help him get back to his sweet self again soon ! (Yikes...Hope you don't have it !)
LOL

danielle said...

I'm sorry your little guy is so sick. How are you doing? I hope both of you are feeling better soon!

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket