Thursday night Tyler got a call from his sister Angie, giving him the news that his Grandma Bandley had just passed away a couple hours earlier. As soon as Tyler's 30 hour shift at work was over, we hopped in the car Friday morning and started driving over to Utah to be with family.
The funeral services were amazing. I've never been to a funeral where they did a better job of really celebrating someones life. I cried through the whole service, just hearing about how fantastic she was. She had such a sense of humor, she was so loving and caring of her family and she loved her husband with everything she had.
Unfortunately the Alzheimer's she had for so many years, took away all the great memories she made in her life. I know now, she has those incredible memories back and is enjoying her life after death with her parents, two brothers and her sister.
This is Grandma and Grandpa Bandley on their wedding day. This picture was on the back of the program. I spent a very long time looking at it on the way back to Colorado. She was so beautiful, and they are so in love.
Mike, Angie, Nate, Grandpa Bandley, Julie, Chad and Tyler.

4 comments:
What a great tribute to Grandma Bandley! I'm sure she was enjoying the scene, and I'm sure she was given the window to enjoy the reunion of her loved ones!! I love you, now I'm a mess!
PS... Tyler looks so handsome in his uniform!!
Thanks so much for coming and this beautifully written reminder!
Love you!
Yeah, I stalk your blog. So I think I know one of the cousins- I think she's in my little guys class at school. Weird!
I am sorry about your grandma.
Post a Comment