Tyler FINALLY got his Father's Day box! admittedly, I sent it a bit late... but sheesh! I forgot how long it takes!
It's a good thing I'm sending his Birthday box today, since his birthday is July 29th.. maybe he'll get it in time.. or early, to make up for the late Father's day.
A long time ago, Josh was making a list of things he wanted to send Tyler for Father's day- and on that list he had "Daddy letters."
Of course, I was thinking about letters we would write to Dad.. but Josh had something else in mind. You see, before Ty left for Iraq he worked very hard on some Josh letters (J O S H) and Wyatt letters (W Y A T T) for their bedrooms. You know, the wooden block letters? Joshy's are camouflage and Wyatt's are brown with white polka dots. I thought it was SO cute once Josh explained to me that he actually meant D A D for Daddy letters.
So, we went to Hobby Lobby, got the letters and some paint pens and spray paint and worked just as hard on those letters as anyone has ever worked on any Daddy letters.
As you can see here in the pictures, it was a hit.


We also found a cute question mark box full of candy. Josh had to get some for Dad because, after all, they are the Super Mario Bro's Wii champions.

And here are the luxurious living conditions for Ty.. Please notice the comfy looking cot mattress pad there.. that was a very sad anniversary present to Ty from me.. hoping it would keep his back from giving him agonizing pain.. He said so far it's working and everyone else in the tent is jealous. However, this is making me wonder.. Ty, do you want me to send you a better pillow? That one is so small!!



7 comments:
I've gotta know...what is "But repellent?" ♥♥♥♥♥
LOL I meant BUG repellent.. I will fix it. :)
Bless his heart! Not the Hilton for sure!! I'm just glad he's not as close to action as he was last deployment. We love you Tyler!!
But it's much more interesting, that way! lol
I think it is a good anniversary present!
Here's my care package pie recipe, in case you like. ;)
http://ronandjana.blogspot.com/2008/10/sweet-birthday-pie-for-my-sweetie-pie.html
That looks like a fun place to live.
Wow, sweet set up you have there. I'll look into how much it costs to send a queen mattress to Iraq. Not kidding :) Happy 4th of July.
Post a Comment