Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Interesting to read old blog posts I've written...

I wrote this blog post last September on my myspace blog (back when I actually used myspace...)
It makes me feel like all I've done is blink and all the sudden it's over a year later.
Just thought I'd share.
**************************************************************
Life just keeps going... Current mood: contemplative
Well- it's true. Life, that is- it just keeps going. No matter how badly I would like to push "pause", it just goes and goes and goes...
To give a little bit of an update on us: Joshua is now 18 months and running, jumping and playing all over the place. It's a rarity to find him sitting still- and Tyler and I love every minute of it.
Our little Joshy is also talking quite a bit too- he says the normal "hi, bye, love you, thank you.." etc. etc- but he also has picked up a phrase we're trying to get him to stop saying.... and that would be, "Oh, shit!" we're not too sure where exactly he got it from- but we're trying our hardest to not giggle every time we hear it- and correct him by saying, "No Joshy- we say, 'Oh, Shoot!'" We'll see if he ever switches. In the mean time, it's a good reason for a smile, as far as I'm concerned.
Thanksgiving is approaching... and it will be one year. One year since Tyler got home from his 6 month training- one year since I finally felt whole again. Last Thanksgiving was incredible for us- our first true family holiday. Just the three of us- with an endless list of what to be thankful for.
This Thanksgiving, the tone will be altered- there will be a blanket of uncertainty- and a lump in each throat at the dinner table. As much as I want to enjoy it, it will be difficult. A very bitter/sweet holiday at best.
As most know by now, Tyler will be deploying to Iraq for 15 months shortly afterwards. Of course, due to our friend OpSec, that's all I'm allowed to say.
All of this is why a "Pause" button would be put to good use right about now. Joshua is growing up so fast- and I dread the thought of being away from my husband for so long. I just dread it. What I would give to live this last year over and over...
Of course, knowing how fast the last year and a half has gone- before I know it I will be sitting here once again, writing another blog all about Tyler's block leave half way through his deployment... then, in a blink of an eye- Joshua will be 3 years old, and Tyler will be home. Hopefully, without another deployment in sight.
And I- will finally be able to breathe, and the lump in my throat will disappear.
It will be interesting to see what this next year and a half will bring to my little family. My prayer is, that it will at least contain: a little bit of fun, a splash of love, a pinch of adventure, and a lot of health and happiness.
My prayer also, is that you will have the same fortune. I'll keep in touch- you all do the same.
Love,Kelly.

2 comments:

Nonna said...

Sweet...thanks for sharing Kelly !

Our Life is a Journey said...

Well it's almost over! Back then I bet this day seemed like it would never come. Just think how strong you've become in this last year. Deployments have a way of refining people!

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket