Hey everyone- I just got this email from Tyler. I guess he's still getting boxes for the people in Bartolla- Please read this and pass it along to anyone you know that sent any boxes to Tyler.
Thanks! Kelly.
Hey Babe,
I have a concern. I just got 2 boxes in the mail from Spring Creek, Nevada. They were addressed to me and had written on the side "for families in need." Normally, that might be ok, but not now. I finally got the Bartolla packages out to those guys, but I had to have another platoon do the drop. Let everybody know their packages reached the people who were extremely grateful for the help. However, since it was a different platoon I may not get the photos for a long time. It sucks that it didn't go how I wanted, but hey the stuff got where it needed to go. Now here's the new problem. We don't go talk to people anymore. We meet only military contacts and deal very little, if at all, with the community. I think the last time we got hit, the Colonel decided to change his ways a little. So please relay that I can't deliver things anymore. The 2 boxes I got will go to our CA(civilian affairs) group and they will distribute as they see fit. The other thing is that combat patrols will stop eventually, in prep to go home. Once that happens, I won't even see the Iraqi people. I wish I could tell you when that will happen, but I don't know. Sorry this is short, love you.Ty.

4 comments:
I feel good that Civilian Affairs will do what they can with that... I'm so thankful that those people were able to see the concern Tyler has for them, and I hope they realize that there are many people that pray for them. I hope the spirit has touched their lives and gives them comfort as they strive to do what's right for their country. This just goes to show all of us that ONE person can make a difference, and that we do need to help take care of our Brother's and Sisters.
Love you guys!
Tyler, I was so surprised at the people who wanted to help of my friends here in Idaho. They were so excited to do something for the people there. I wish you could have taken them yourself and seen their faces. You helped and that is what counts! I'm glad the Colonel is keeping you safe!!!!!
Here's prayers for your safe return home and a job well done...proud of you all Tyler !!!
LOL
Do you have any idea how many boxes you received?
Post a Comment