Saturday, May 24, 2008

Gross Alert!!! My Biopsy.

So- I had a biopsy was on Thursday. A few weeks ago, this mole on my arm just got all sorts of ticked off somehow- so I finally went in to my family Dr to have it looked at. She poked at it and asked me a few questions- then left the room. When she came back, she had a measuring device and measured the diameter. (6mm) She left again for a short while and when she returned, she had a dermatologist PA with her from upstairs in the hospital. (I was at Evans Army Hospital on post)
The PA looked at it for quite sometime, then started asking questions. He asked about my family history (My grandmother had Malignant Melanoma) and the specific details with that.
After our short conversation, the Dr and the PA both left and when my Dr came back, she began to tell me how it typically takes about 1-2 months to get a derm apt so they just decided to squeeze me in that morning. So- upstairs I went and they took me directly to a room. The same PA was there, and the dermatologist. they both looked at it some more- and then told me that they were going to take a biopsy, and just remove the whole thing and send it to the lab. They said hopefully I should have the results next week.
Also- because of my family history of melanoma, I have to go back the end of June (First available apt) to get a full body check up over all my moles and freckles. After that, I have to have a yearly exam. Not only do I have to start this annual trip to the dermatologist, but I have to start getting mammograms and I have to stop going tanning. I can't tell you how sad I am about that. It's the most relaxing thing for me- It's the only thing I really have to look forward to as far as "Me time". I guess I'll have to figure out something to substitute that with. blah. so- here are some pictures- sorry if they gross you out, but they have been requested.
I'll update later with the results, I'm sure it's nothing.



2 comments:

Nonna said...

Oh, Kelly, I hope it turns out o.k.

By the way, there is always spray tanning... not as relaxing and probably more expensive,but a lot safer. Take care !

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

Oh my gosh Kelly! Yikes! Keep me posted!!!

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket