Friday, April 25, 2008

Why'd the turtle cross the road?

Seriously- I've never seen anything like this! (but living in Colorado, that's to be expected...) Mom and I were driving to the mall today and all the sudden I hear, "Watch out, Turtle!" I finally saw him and swerved just enough to miss him! Scared the crap out of me!
Mom said it happens all the time around here- this must be their own way of playing Frogger. I know one thing, they aren't very good at it. Poor turtles...


...And don't even get me started on the Armadillo's...

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Ahh poor turtles. That's gotta be the longest walk of their lives!

Nurse Heidi said...

Shucks, I lived in Colorado for the first 18 years of my life, and I don't think I ever encountered a turtle crossing! Lucky! We did have a fine assortment of other wild beasties cruise through our back yard, including red foxes, coyotes, beavers, raccoons, deer...and we lived in Arvada, not exactly at the foot of the mountains either. Wild.

Rebecca said...

You've never seen a turtle cross the road? How funny :)

Nana Scott XOXO said...

Oh Heidi, I'm not in Colorado right now- I'm in Springdale AR visiting my parents. :) there are turtles and armadillos all over the place. LOL

camille said...

ROFLMBO!

Heather said...

Oh yeah, turtles on the hwy is a normal thing around here too. I have not a clue why. I pull over if I can and pick them up and put them somewhere safe. LOL

Lynnette said...

that's the cutest thing!! I lived in colorado for about 8 years, I miss it so much some days!

Lacey said...

Oh the armadillos. It's sad when they keel over on the side of the road, but someone sticking a bottle of Jack in its hand provides quite the comic relief. ;)

Marla said...

That's so funny you've never seen that. I tried to have my brother save one once. We missed him, pulled over, and got to see a car hit him. His shell went one way, and the body the other. It was a very sad day. :(

Anonymous said...

Haha, that's how I feel when I visit my mom! Who knew that don't have possums and raccoons... they have armadillos! What happens when you hit one of those with your car??
~Rindy :)

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket