Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What an obedient kid...

I was busy with something today and Josh was playing in the entry-way. I heard him playing with the door stop-springy thing, and after a couple minutes he walked over to me slowly with it in his hand...
He said, "Hey Mom, I broke it." and handed it to me. I looked at him with that sideways-mommy-look and said, "Joshy, were you playing with Nana's door stop and broke it?" He said, "Yeah." I told him that he needs to not play with Nana's things but I was glad he came to me and told me that he broke it, and that I would fix it for him.
I went over to the entry-way and screwed the door stop back into the wall, when I turned the corner to come into the living room- Josh was already in his "Time out spot" with both hands up on the wall and his forehead resting on his hands.
I couldn't help but grin when I saw this. He looked up at me with the corner of his eye and I said, "Are you in time out?" He nodded.
I got him out of time out and off he played.
What a good kid I've got.
Kelly.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh that is the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

Lacey said...

That totally made me giggle. It proves that you practice consistency with him!

Missy W. said...

Wow. that is one well trained kid!

Stacy said...

Hey...think Josh could give Jonathan some lessons?

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket