Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I noticed something this morning...

I'm a grown up.
I'm a mom, and an avid-coupon-clipper.
I do at least one load of laundry per day- and I'm constantly putting things in the dish washer.
Sometimes in order to keep my sanity I vacuum twice... no, no, no... thrice daily.
While dressing myself today, I gasped at the realization that I actually have food storage in my closet instead of taking up all that room for clothes and shoes.... (stupid grocery prices...) In high school, I would have laughed at the thought... instead, I did it without thinking.
In addition to the decor in my home, I have a poster with stickers on the door in my bathroom. I have so many bath toys in the tub that I can barely stand in there without hearing a "SQUEAK" from some sort of water toy when I step on it.
The only way I can take a shower by myself is if I put one leg up on the edge of the tub blocking Joshua from climbing in, fully clothed, with me. ...makes it a bit more difficult when I have soap in my eyes. For some reason, he thinks it's funny...
I often find myself folding EVERY SINGLE BLANKET IN THE HOUSE and putting them away... AGAIN... just because I have a kid that LOVES making forts... I should really just keep them out...
I have invested in straws and individual apple sauces... and the only channel I know by heart is channel 75. (NickJr.) No, No... I take that back... 31 is Headline News.
I'm constantly tired, but always awake.
I have more love in my heart than I thought was ever possible. I laugh all day and sing more often than I ever have.
I read at least 6 books daily and draw on the magnadoodle more than Josh does.
I have truly come to realize the power and incredible sweetness that is a child's prayer. (even if he does bless circles and triangles in the same breath that he asks for safety for his Daddy.)
Being a grown up isn't at all what I thought it would be.
It's way better.

5 comments:

Jim and Marla said...

There ya go again... I've got a lump in my throat!
Welcome to the club...I'm so glad you are finding the same enjoyment I did when you were little. I'm so glad Josh has a Momma that reads and plays and ENJOYS IT!
Quite the suprise hea...
I love you!!! Mom

Julie Geldmacher said...

Kelly, it seems that you were just the other day one of the girls in Young Women's. Wow, what a wonderful change. You are doing well as a young mother and wife. Thanks for the insites into how well you are doing. I remember those days. I felt like I was playing house and it was fun. (most of the time)
Love,
Julie

Janessa @ Treasure Hunting Mommy said...

That was so cool to read, Kelly!

Rebecca said...

Awwww - that's so sweet! And so true :)

Lynnette said...

Isn't life so great :)

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket