Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day, Tyler!

I know I might not get to talk to you today- so I thought I would just post something for you to read next time you get online.
I've been sitting here looking at your pictures this morning. I can't imagine how hard today must be for you- but hopefully knowing how much we love you and miss you will warm your heart a bit and make it a little more bearable.
Tyler, you are the center of Joshua's world. He talks about you on a daily basis- and every time he sees someone in ACU's, he just stops what he's doing and watches them. He knows they're not you, but he thinks of you. Sometimes I wish I could get inside his head and listen to his little thoughts- but most of the time they're obvious through his facial expression and body language. He misses you. He loves you so much.
There are no words to describe how much I love having Joshua in my life every day- He's such a "Mini-Tyler" with his mannerisms and facial expressions. He's so smart and methodical in everything he does. It will be so much fun to watch him grow up and see what amazing person he becomes. He has the best example as his father.
I am filled with emotion when I think of how lucky I am to have you in my life and as the father of our child and future children. Even though we have to be patient during this time apart- I wouldn't ask for anyone else. You make everything worth it.
Even though I know it's almost impossible, I hope your Father's Day is filled with happiness and thoughts of how much we love you. I hope you get to call today, Josh has already asked to talk to you on the phone three times today. I told him it's Father's Day and the importance of it, and you're all he can talk about.
We love you so much,
kelly and joshy.



Edit to add: I just got this email from Tyler around 7:15pm tonight.
Hey Kell,
I'm so sorry I can't talk to you. I walked in here to have the guy at the desk tell me the phones are down. I can't say I'm surprised. I'm glad the computers are working though. Thank you for the blog post. I love you so much. Tell Josh I'm sorry I can't talk today. I miss that kid. It's hard to write because I have a lump in my throat. When that happens I stop thinking, trying to get it to go away. I'm about to go spend what's left of Father's day, your time, wandering around with some Iraqi Army guys as they search some more houses. Should be tons of fun. I wish I could be there with you. Have a good night hanging out with your brother. Tell him hi.
I love you,
Ty

4 comments:

Julie Geldmacher said...

I can only say ditto to everything your beautiful wife just said about you! Bless you dear son.
Love,
Mom

Rebecca said...

Happy Father's Day, Tyler!

Lacey said...

*sniff* That was awesome, Kell.

Jim and Marla said...

We love you too Tyler Dude!

Go ahead, leave a comment!

Let me know what you think! Photobucket